Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Time to move on...

Austin as a game development Mecca is a fish out of water, flopping on a hot deck, baking in the Texas sun. There have been so many layoffs and developer closures out here that I've now completely given up on ever finding game design work out here. If I'm to continue my career in game development, I must relocate.

I would love nothing more than to become part of a stable studio that makes great games and has its act together. When I first got to Austin and started at NCsoft, Austin was rapidly growing as an MMORPG Mecca, but that's far from the case anymore. I just want to help make fun, compelling, great games and get paid for it. And now I'm just going to have to suck it up and relocate to do it.

I'm actually flying out to the Bay Area in CA tonight to interview at a dev company tomorrow, so wish me luck!

1 comment:

Violet Twilight said...

Good luck with the job hunt and probable relocation. I hope you find an awesome job.